Nine Worlds 2018 will take place at the Novotel London West. We'll be running up to 250 programme items covering all aspects of modern geekery.
What's the venue like?
Novotel London West is a large conference hotel in central Hammersmith, with room for 2,000 attendees to enjoy Nine Worlds. In addition to the venue's bars, cafes, restaurants, and terraces, we'll have a mix of content and social spaces both large and small.
They were also our hosts in 2016 and 2017. We have worked closely with them since the 2017 event to ensure that attendees have an even better time than last year.
The hotel is in one of London's major leisure and commercial centres. It is easily reachable by both public and private transport. In addition to our onsite facilities, there are numerous eating, drinking, and boarding establishments in the immediate area.
Tell me more!
- Lots of rooms for content - Lots of large conference rooms, meaning we can run load of different things at once, all weekend.
- Dedicated conference space - The main conference area is for attendees and staff only, so you can cosplay in peace.
- Space to chill - There's a lot of social space to relax in outside of sessions, including outdoor terraces and some rather nice bars.
- Fancy ballroom - There's a main hall for keynote panels, performances and DJ sets, with concert quality AV.
- No getting lost - The building layout is easy to navigate, and corridors and open spaces can handle heavy traffic.
- Vendors inside - Plenty of vendors in the main convention space, with a dedicated room and further tables in open areas.
- Friendly staff - We're confident in both their and our planning for and commitment to this year's event.
- Food and drink - The venue is taking account of the diversity of attendee requirements, and will be selling reasonably priced snacks, light food, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. There are also dozens of other local food and drink options covering a wide range of requirements and price points.
- Accessibility - Our accessibility co-ordinator will update last year's access guidance, but much of it remains relevant for 2018. If you have accommodation accessibility needs, please complete our accommodation access survey.
- Travel - The local area is well served by 24 hour tubes, buses, and taxi services. It's easily reachable from major train and coach stations, and is just off the A4 which continues on to Heathrow. We'll be updating the 2017 travel guidance closer to the time.
- Car parking - The hotel offers an hourly attendee rate of £1.50 per hour for the on-site car park, with no overnight discounts. (Claim your attendee discount by showing your parking ticket and con badge at reception).
There's also NCP car parking at Shepherds Bush, which offers advance booking.
Alternative parking is available at Westfield Centre, is up to £9 per day, discounts available through their app. Westfield Centre car park B allows for long term stays with 24/7 access. It’s a 30 minute walk or bus (27, 220) to the hotel, or 20’ on the circle or Hammersmith and city line from Wood Lane
- On-site accommodation - Our block of 300 rooms for attendees and organisers is now sold out.
- Off-site accommodationThere are lots of other places to stay in the local area. Rates and booking details available below. We are boosting any twitter posts from attendees wishing to transfer rooms they are no longer able to use.
What are the hotel bedrooms like?
Update 26th May 2018 - All rooms at the Novotel have been booked out. We have some deals with nearby hotels further down the page though!
The hotel rooms are in the same building as the convention spaces. They each feature a queen bed, en-suite bath or shower, sofa bed, large flexible work area, 32" LCD TV, pay movies and Internet access, broadband connection, hairdryer, iron, laptop safe, minibar, and tea/coffee. There are a very small number of twin rooms, so most twin requests are accommodated by making up the sofa bed. Wheelchair accessible bedrooms will be allocated via our access team.
Room rates per night, including free breakfast, are the same as previous years:
- Single occupancy £95 - 1 adult, 0-2 children on sofa bed.
- Double occupancy £105 - 2 adults sharing double bed, 0-2 children on sofa bed.
- Triple occupancy £115 - 2 adults sharing double bed, 1 adult on sofa bed.
We have also reserved a small number of executive rooms at £115 / night single or £125 double. Additional facilities include coffee machine, iPod docking station, extra bathroom amenities, bathrobe and slippers.
Wheelchair accessible bedrooms have already been allocated through the priority booking process. If you require a room with accessibility features, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can put your preferences on room positioning (e.g. near the lifts, room in a quiet area) in the comments field when booking online. Please note that the Novotel will do their best to accommodate your needs, but we cannot guarantee this.
How do I book a (alternate) hotel room?
Here's how to book:
Ibis London Shepherd’s Bush
3-5 Rockley Road, London, W14 0DJ
More info on Ibis
- Four accessible rooms available
- Single occupancy including breakfast £105
- Double occupancy (twin or double) including breakfast £110
How to book
Remember to quote reference: "9 Worlds 2018"
Call: (+44) 207 348 20 20 and ask for Jenny, (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
Fax: (+44) 207 348 20 30 and address to Jenny.
Offer only valid until Friday 1st June 2018
Recently refurbished rooms, each equipped with flat-screen satellite TV and power showers.
Restaurant and Bar with light meals and snacks available 24/7
Check in: after 2pm
Check out: Midday
Luggage may be stored before and after these times
All you can eat breakfast - Monday - Friday
- Early risers 4:00 - 6:30 (continental only)
- 6:30 - 10:00 Full buffet
- Late risers 10:00 - 12:00 (continental only)
Weekends and Bank holidays
- No Late riser option
- Grab and Go option available everyday
- Westfield shopping centre (0.10km)
- O2 empire shepherd’s bush (0.10km)
- Apollo hammersmith (1.6km)
- Portobello market (4.5km)
- Kings cross station (9km)
- Heathrow airport (21km)
Based in the west side of London, it is less than 2km from the convention
Bus numbers 220, 295, 72, 283 run every 5mins to Hammersmith
Less than 2min walk to Shepherd’s Bush tube station which is on the central line (red)
Walking directions to convention hotel.
Holiday Inn Express Earls Court
295 North End Road,
London, W14 9NS
More info on Holiday Inn
Four accessible rooms available (double bed and wheelchair accessible shower)
Fifteen twin rooms available
Four double rooms available
- Single/Double occupancy (either two single beds or one double) including breakfast £105
- Triple occupancy (one double bed and one sofa) including breakfast £120
- Discounted room rate for Sunday night £90 (single or double occupancy) £105 (triple occupancy)
Check in: 2pm
Check out: 11am
Luggage may be stored before and after these times
How to Book
Remember to quote reference: "NWC"
Call: (+ 44) 207 384 5151 and ask for Amy.
Fax: (+44) 203 627 0866 and address to Amy.
Card details will be required to guarantee the booking and payment will be taken at the hotel. Guests are able to cancel up to one week before arrival.
Offer valid until 25th June 2018 or until rooms sell out.
All of the rooms have TVs with freeview
Ensuite bathroom and hairdryer provided
Kettle and complimentary tea and coffee
Irons available on request
Bar open till 2am
Mixture of continental and English breakfast, includes croissants, cereals, toast, yoghurt, sausages (vegetarian sausages available on request), bacon, scrambled eggs and baked beans.
Gluten free options are available upon request.
Located only 2km away from the convention.
Bus number 28 or 391 towards Richmond from Lillie Road (2 mins from the hotel) to Latymer Court which is a 2 min walk to the convention.
West Kensington tube station is nearby and district line (green) trains run to Hammersmith station every 4mins.
K West Hotel & Spa
Richmond Way, London W14 0AX
More info on K West
- Junior Double Rooms (single occupancy rooms) £99
- Superior Double Rooms (double occupancy rooms) £109
- Deluxe Double Rooms (double occupancy rooms) £119
- Executive Double Rooms (double occupancy rooms) £149
Check in and out:
Weekdays check in 2pm and check out 11am
Weekends check in 3pm and check out 11am
How to Book
Rooms recently renovated with fresh paint, new drapes and soft bedding (with feather pillows on demand).
Hot drinks station
Ironing board and iron
In room tablets and smartphones offering complimentary calls to select destinations and unlimited data browsing
Breakfast: (continental breakfast included in room prices)
- Monday to Friday 7:00 - 11:00
- Weekends 8:00 - 12:00
- Glam Rock afternoon tea available 14:00-17:00 in the studio kitchen
- Rock ‘n’ Cocktails midnight tea available 22:00-00:00 Sunday to Thursday in the Studio bar
Valet parking is available on-site and it’s highly advisable to pre-book. In order to pre-book please follow this link https://www.londoncentralparking.co.uk/london-central-parking-hotels/k-w... (£29 inc VAT per car, per 24 hours.)
There is also an NCP parking just across the road from us in the West12 Shopping centre http://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/london-west-12-centre/
Bus number 220 and 283 run every 7mins to Hammersmith
Short walk to Shepherd's Bush tube station which is on the central line (red)
What should I do next?
First, if you haven't bought a ticket yet, then now's the time. We'll email all ticket holders to let them know about everything else that comes up.
Second, if you want to help with organising stuff at this year's event, join our Facebook organising group. We'll also be posting up further opportunities over the coming weeks and months.
Third, if you want to appear as a guest, keep an eye out and fill in our Participant Form once it goes live.