Nine Worlds 2013 was a huge success, taking over two huge London conference hotels for the weekend of August 9th-11th. It was the first Nine Worlds Geekfest, and was set up following a successful Kickstarter campaign earlier that year. Watch the video below for a tiny fraction of the awesomenosity.
We've also curated a playlist of videos recorded at Nine Worlds 2013.
Media and Blog Coverage
- Here's a general article from the Daily Mail
- Geek Planet Online says: "if you’re looking for a UK version of Dragon*Con, then this is for you"
- Adrian Tchaikovsky says we "had a mind-bogglingly bewildering variety of panels, lectures, games and activities for fans of just about all tastes"
- Catherine Banner says "The striking thing was how inclusive and kind-spirited it was"
- Geek Syndicate says "I can’t stress this enough – if you didn’t attend this year make sure you book up early for next year, you may be disappointed otherwise"
- Serenity Womble says "the organisers want to make women feel comfortable and safe"
- Jennifer Williams says we "created a fabulous, joyous experience for all of fandom"
- Adam Christopher says "Nine Worlds was run by a fine bunch of fans who knew what they were doing"
- Skeptical Nurse spent their honeymoon at Nine Worlds and says "It. Was. Awesome"
- Pirate Moggy says "Nine Worlds has set the precedent, you can’t say you can’t help convention culture now"
- Geraldine Clark Hellery says "It is a con created by fans and could feel the geeky love."
- Jessica Lowndes says "a weekend of ALL the geekery, where expensive signings and meet and greets had been replaced by workshops and talks on a huge range of topics"
If you want to read more write-ups and coverage, Lanyrd has 7 pages worth of them, including photosets and podcasts.
Feedback Report and Responses
We commissioned an in-depth analysis of what people told us after the event. Now you can see what people thought, and what we intended to do to make 2014 even better.
The original information about Nine Worlds 2013, including the programme, guest listings and the webpages for individual tracks can also be found in the 2013 section of the site. Feel free to have a poke around! And once you've done all that, you should totally consider buying tickets for Nine Worlds 2015!